- UAE's Denarii.Cash adds NEM (XEM) token to its wallet
- UBP posts a 5.3 per cent increase in net profit for H1 2018
- ADX lists Wahat al Zaweya Holdings on its second market
- RAM Ratings downgrades Turkey’s rating to with a stable outlook
- Saudi Electricity Company considers issuing international bond
- EBRD loans Morocco’s SDX Energy $10 million
- EFG Hermes to acquire Nigeria’s Primera Africa
- Currency swaps through RMB Clearing Centre increased 42 per cent in H1 2018, says CBUAE
- Nigerians’ use of backyard banks derails financial inclusion target, says central bank
- Lebanon deposits interest rates escalates on leadership vacuum
Leaders in financial technology: Africa
What are banks' top tech concerns?
How can global finance meet local needs?
SWIFT is opening up new chapters in real-time payments, financial crime compliance, cloud and smart data services—through its work with the financial…
Mobile Africa— now’s the time to…
The next tech horizon is mobile security, according to Entersekt’s Schalk Nolte, Chief Executive Officer, and Pieter de Wet, VP Key Accounts,…
Should digital be a 2016 priority for…
Stephen Scott, Product Manager for Corporate Banking Channels at Temenos, asks: can you afford to overlook digital innovations for banking?
Palestine Islamic Bank on the rise
Bank sees 24.52 per cent revenue increase year-on-year.Palestine Islamic Bank disclosed its financial statements for the third quarter of this year, 2015, announcing a net profit at the end of the…
IMF ventures into Islamic finance
At the Global Islamic Finance Conference in Kuwait, some of the biggest names in the industry gathered to welcome the IMF's involvement; Isla MacFarlane was there to hear what they had to say.…
Debit where it’s due?
The reign of cash may be coming to an end in the Middle East, but are we prepared for what’s next, questions Isla MacFarlane.We are told that the world of cards and payments is evolving radically…
mPOS: The secret to success
Kazem Aminaee, CEO and President of Spire Payments explains how an industry-leading API has accelerated mPOS adoption.SPIRE PAYMENTS IN BRIEF
Spire Payments has over 30 years of experience and…
Card security and e-commerce's future
Security of payment card data was at the forefront of debates at the First Middle East Payment Forum 2015 held in Dubai with speakers enjoining the payments community to work collaboratively to step…