- NBAD forum in Cairo to discuss investment challenges
- OBALC closes ABC financing facility for B737-900ER sale and leaseback transaction
- Moody's assigns (P)Baa3 rating to Indonesia's Sukuk offering
- Snap Innovations becomes approved ISV on DGCX
- Malaysia's Sukuk volumes stable, driven by corporate and sovereign refinancings, says Moody's
- Bank Dhofar issues first Additional Tier 1 Capital Securities in Oman
- Amlak announces date for resumption of share trading on DFM
- Mongolia Prime Minister concludes UAE visit
- PDO stages workshop to help Omani SMEs
- IDB announces winner of IDB Islamic Economics Prize for 1436H
Raoul Silva of United Investment Bank
Saudi Arabia is proving to be the exception to the global slowdown in the Takaful market. However, when it comes to regulation it appears to be as…
Hong Kong has been enthusing about Islamic finance as early as 2008, but what progress has been made?
Back to life
After limping out of the financial crisis in seriously bad shape, the Islamic investment banking sector now seems set for a revival.
Growing focus on Islamic property funds
By Richard Corrigan, Deputy Chief Executive, Jersey Finance Limited.It is hardly surprising that growth in the Islamic economies continues to attract the attention of the West. Those markets represent…
Islands of Islamic finance
The Government of the Maldives is geared towards developing the newest Islamic banking hub.Just four years after the first Islamic bank was opened on the shores of the Maldives, the country’s…
Guiding the growth of Islamic banking
Islamic banking is growing rapdily in Kenya, bringing with it questions of regulatory needs and standarisation.Habil Olaka, CEO of the Kenya Bankers Association, discusses what it will take for the…
Islamic Business & Finance Awards 2012 - winners revealed A hat-trick for a Qatari bank, three wins across two continents for a Kuwaiti institution, a double in Dubai, Malaysia and a double in Africa reflect the increasingly global nature of the Islamic finance industry.