- Global shareholders approve five per cent cash dividend FY 2014
- AfDB scaled up project funding by 15 per cent to $7.6 billion in 2014
- RAKBANK acquires 79.23 per cent of RAK Insurance
- SC’s Shari’ah Advisory Council update list of Shari’ah-compliant securities
- DGCX expands ties with Chinese market with China Futures Association MoU
- NBF takes ‘Best Commercial Bank UAE’ and ‘Best Corporate Bank UAE’ at the BME Industry Awards 2015
- Doha Bank announces new corporate cash management web platform ‘Tadbeer’
- ADIB to hold EGM to vote on capital raising proposal
- ICAEW: Signs of maturity in Middle East private equity market
- S&P: Hannover ReTakaful outlook revised to negative; rating affirmed at 'A+'
Jaseem Ahmed of the IFSB
Comparing two Islamic banking reports from Ernst & Young and Deustche Bank
Bermuda means business
Cheryl Packwood, Chief Executive for Business Bermuda, spoke to Islamic Business & Finance about Bermuda's growing appetite for Islamic…
Is the structure of Goldman Sachs' maiden Sukuk all that it appears?
Growing focus on Islamic property funds
By Richard Corrigan, Deputy Chief Executive, Jersey Finance Limited.It is hardly surprising that growth in the Islamic economies continues to attract the attention of the West. Those markets represent…
Islands of Islamic finance
The Government of the Maldives is geared towards developing the newest Islamic banking hub.Just four years after the first Islamic bank was opened on the shores of the Maldives, the country’s…
Guiding the growth of Islamic banking
Islamic banking is growing rapdily in Kenya, bringing with it questions of regulatory needs and standarisation.Habil Olaka, CEO of the Kenya Bankers Association, discusses what it will take for the…
Islamic Business & Finance Awards 2012 - winners revealed A hat-trick for a Qatari bank, three wins across two continents for a Kuwaiti institution, a double in Dubai, Malaysia and a double in Africa reflect the increasingly global nature of the Islamic finance industry.