- SWIFT aligns KYC registry with updated Wolfsberg Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQ)
- startAD announces comprehensive programme for hardware startups in UAE
- Deadlines for VAT registration announced
- New release of IFSB’s Prudential Database from 17 countries shows improved Islamic banking performan
- EastNets upgrades its flagship Anti Money Laundering solution
- Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange launches Technical Short Selling (TSS) service
- Najm launches Visa credit card that rewards frequent usage
- Matic completes two million hours of domestic cleaning following $3 million investment by MEVP
- Almost Half IT decision makers believe cybersecurity still not top priority for board
- Nasdaq Dubai signs licence agreement with MSCI for development of regional index derivatives
Painting a brighter future
Dr. Bashah Mosled Omair, CEO, Alsayedah Khadijah Bint Khwailid Centre
Are we winning the compliance war?
Mandy Green, Director, Financial Advisory Regulation, Deloitte Corporate Finance Limited, scrutinises the findings from the 2014 Thomson Reuters and…
Revenue diversification in the GCC:…
Antonio de Gregorio, MENA Managing Director, Tax and Accounting, Thomson Reuters, maps the GCC's dependence on oil and mulls the path ahead.
Tackling trade-based money laundering
Dr. Mohammed Ahmad Naheem explains how trade-based money laundering (TBML) is among the biggest risks to banking.
Money launderers on the move
As money launderers seek new targets, Martin Woods asks if businesses are ready to protect themselves.
The recent FIFA scandal demonstrates just how far and wide money laundering now reaches,…
A new report from The Pearl Initiative outlines a way forward for gender diversity in GCC boardrooms, explains Imelda Dunlop, Executive Director of The Pearl Initiative.
MARKA has shown the GCC business community what can be achieved through good governance; its Chief Executive Officer, Nick Peel, explained to Framework how launching the UAE’s first…
Building better boards
The GCC Board Directors Institute (BDI) has released its survey on board effectiveness in the region; Framework flicks through the highlights.Board performance is under the spotlight as never before.…
Long march forward
According to Nasser Saidi, the opening of the Saudi Stock Exchange should be part of a Chinese ‘Long march forward’.The Saudi Capital Market Authority, under new leadership, has announced…
Attuning to the times
In order to diversify the economy, stem unemployment and wean the private sector off an expat workforce, Saudi Arabia must shift legislations to utilise its female talent pool. Framework spoke to Dr.…
Is cybersecurity becoming a compliance priority?
Julie Dimauro of Compliance Complete explains why regulators need to focus on cybersecurity more than ever.With the massive hack of Sony Pictures Entertainment providing the latest and perhaps most…
Russia under sanctions
For international companies conducting business in or with Russia, the economic sanctions imposed by the United States, European Union and certain other countries pose a number of issues, explain Moscow-based…
Shayne Nelson, Chief Executive Officer of Emirates NBD, muses how corporate governance, risk and compliance have changed beyond recognition since he first came to the region.Shayne Nelson has seen…