- African leaders discuss investment and infrastructure needs at AGBF
- Samena Capital completes investment in Flemingo International
- SWIFT offers free access to The KYC Registry for participating banks
- Clifford Chance advises on Islamic project financing structure for Safi IPP in Morocco
- RAKBANK Titanium recognised as Best SME Credit Card by MasterCard
- National Bank of Fujairah launches NBF Islamic
- Emirates NBD Research: UAE Money supply growth slows in August
- AMEX: Growing preference for luxury experiences among UAE residents and across MENA region
- Emirates REIT selected to join the FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Global Emerging Index
- BIBF collaborates with Thomson Reuters to study Islamic finance industry
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.