- AlKhair Capital Saudi receives license to operate from DIFC
- NBAD gets first market marking licence in UAE
- National Bank of Oman reports Q1 net profit of OMR 10.3 million, up 20 per cent
- ADCB grows SME and equipment finance portfolio
- CBI launches customer rewards program
- Qatari financiers delegation meets Chinese counterparts
- Kuwait Finance House reports Q1 net profit up 13 per cent at KWD 26.056 million
- Alkhabeer Capital produces economic review of Q1 2014
- First Gulf Bank unveils new brand identity
- IMF programs restore investor confidence in several MENA countries
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.