- Asia’s first covered Sukuk issued by MBSB, assigned AA1 rating by RAM Ratings
- MARC assigns preliminary rating of AAAIS to TNB Western Energy’s MYR 4 billion Sukuk programme
- Winners around the world applauded at the 8th Islamic Business & Finance Awards
- CIMA signs MoU with CORE for a fast track career in finance
- Ooredoo Group Wins Best Finance Team of the Year Award
- Moody’s - UAE Credit Analysis for Sovereign Rating
- Noor Islamic Bank wafa Card Offers 11 per cent Cash Back on Purchases
- Nakheel makes AED 218 million Sukuk profit payment
- Alizz islamic bank launches the fully Shari'ah compliant premium MasterCard credit cards in Oman
- AfDB Approves $20 million Trade Finance Credit for Shelter Afrique to Support Real Estate SMEs
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.