- IIRA reaffirms Burj Bank ratings, assigns Fiduciary Score
- Gulf Finance House announces constitution of its Board of Directors
- Kuwait's balance of payments shows increase in overall surplus
- New Engota investment fund to acquire assets in Nigerian oil market
- Masraf Al Rayan Q1 net profit rises eight per cent to QAR 432 million
- CBD net profit increases by 16 per cent for Q1 2014
- DFM Company net profit increases 696 per cent to AED 215.1 Million in Q1 2014
- Gibson Dunn advises Fajr Capital-led consortium on acquisition of National Petroleum Services
- Emirates NBD announces Q1 2014 net profit up 25 per cent to AED 1.0 billion
- First Halal, US fixed-income mutual fund celebrates 4th anniversary
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.