- Private equity focus shifts to western hemisphere
- Ahli Bank looks to complete Tageer Finance acquisition by end June
- Bank Muscat completes private placement transaction with IFC
- UAE economic growth accelerates to 4.4 pct in 2012
- DFM achieves 100 per cent compliance in Q1 results disclosure of UAE companies
- NASDAQ Dubai welcomes Emirates Islamic Financial Brokerage as Member
- Gatehouse Bank launches new products
- Al Watany Bank of Egypt posts 15.3 per cent growth in Q1 profits
- Ahlibank main sponsor of Littered Landscapes Clean up Oman photography competition
- MoF to receive UAE's national banks in Washington
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.