- Misys: Commercial lending and supply chain finance growth under biggest threat from non-bank players
- RAM Ratings reaffirms Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ’s AAA/Stable/P1 ratings
- Moody's: China's rate cuts alleviate banks' liquidity pressure; indicate challenging environment
- Moody's: Oman's government financing needs grow amid low oil prices
- Global stock market crash is “timely” for long-term investors and economy
- Porsche Centre Abu Dhabi partners with Porsche Financial Services to provide finance solutions
- CI: GFH ratings and ‘stable’ outlook affirmed
- Hamed Al-Saadi appointed Chief FinanciaL & Tax Officer of QFC
- Moody's assigns Baa3/P-3 Foreign and Local Currency Deposit Ratings to Alternatifbank
- Confirmed speakers for CIBAFI-World Bank Conference announced
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.