- NBK: Fair value and Hold recommendation retained for National Bank of Oman
- Moody's: Turkish banks' high reliance on foreign-currency funding likely to constrain credit growth
- Nikko Asset Management offers Asia ex-Japan Equity UCITS fund for regional investors
- QNB, Commercial Bank finance United Development
- Qatar Exchange announces revisions to QE Indexes
- Investcorp strategic investment announced, Gulf-based investor takes 9.9 per cent
- Property yields lead investment opportunities, says Knight Frank
- After Gulf banks' solid first-half results, earnings are set to slide, says report
- Lifting Iran's sanctions will boost GCC economies
- Moody's affirms HSBC Bank Middle East ratings on news of its intention to move to Dubai
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.