- MoF hold workshop for the launch of new fund to finance innovators
- Dispute Resolution Authority headquarters in DIFC officially launched
- Amãna Bank goes live with iMAL*IslamicTreasury and iMAL*AssetManagement solutions
- Updated list of Shari’ah-compliant Securities by SC's Shari’ah Advisory Council 2016
- Uber Kenya and Sidian Bank launch KES 10 billion driver-partners programme
- RAM Ratings withdraws rating of BJ Corp’s debt issue upon early redemption
- Timetric: Property insurance on the rise in Qatar
- Moody's: Oil price drop to test GCC sovereigns' institutional capacity to pursue fiscal reform
- Old Mutual Investment Group increases equity stake in UFF African Agri Investments
- HE Khaled Balama AlTameemi appointed as new Member of the Board of Directors of Falcon Private Bank
- Phone: +971 4 424 4444
- Fax: +971 4 4247106
- Website: www.mashreqbank.com
Mashreq is the largest private bank in the United Arab Emirates. Mashreq began life as the Bank of Oman, based in Dubai, in 1967. Celebrating its 40th birthday in 2007, Mashreq has grown to its current position as one of the leading financial insitutions in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The bank offers a range of banking and financial services to retail and corporate customers. It offers its services through four business segments, namely Personal, Corporate, Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) banking and Financial Institutions. It operates a network of branches locally and internationally.
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.