- Eversheds comment: The amendments to the DIFC regulations
- Fitch: StanChart fine shows rising risks of complex bank model
- Turkish banks' loan growth, external debt raise tail risk
- Commercial International Bank ratings affirmed; outlook revised to stable from negative
- CI Rakbank ratings affirmed; outlook positive
- Airtel, IFC and MasterCard partners towards mobile money in Zambia
- Nakheel repays all AED 7.9 billion bank debt
- International experts to lead dialogue on financial connectivity at GIFF 2014
- Qualification of insurance advisors critical for developing industry in the UAE
- DIFC CEO Jeff Singer resigns 'with immediate effect'
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.