- Attijariwafa bank, PayPal launching new service for Moroccan merchants
- Global reorganizes its board of directors
- Bank Nizwa, Oman Housing Bank to offer Islamic property finance
- Noor Bank wins Citi's STP Award for second consecutive year
- AED 241 billion Dubai Chamber members' exports, re-exports in 10 months 2014
- Barwa Bank net profit rises by 43 per cent in Q3 2014
- Export Development Bank of Egypt ratings affirmed; FSR outlook revised to Stable
- Castlepines Global Equity leads Tunisia Economic City project
- Qatar Investment Authority hosts sixth International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds
- RAM Ratings assigns AAA/P1 preliminary ratings to Suria KLCC's proposed Sukuk Murabahah
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.