- Clifford Chance reviews DIFC Court ruling against Bank Sarasin
- IdealRatings releases Sukuk screening solution and Sukuk indicies
- Emirates NBD Egypt economic update
- ADIB and Barclays conclude sale of UAE Retail Banking business
- Meethaq to host seminar on role of Islamic banking in developing economy
- Dubai Silicon Oasis announce start-up support plan
- CBD to launch Visa Signature Credit Card in the UAE
- NBK Capital: Kuwait CPI inflation eases to 2.7 per cent in July; little upward pressure
- Moody's assigns (P)A3 to Sharjah's sovereign Sukuk
- CBI allocates AED 1 billion to finance SMEs in the UAE
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.