- RAM Ratings reaffirms AA3/P1 ratings of PKNS’s Sukuk
- 10th WIEF concludes with a focus on partnerships and cross-border trade
- Details revealed for 3rd Annual Islamic Banking Summit Africa
- Investcorp and Mumtalakat acquire PRO Unlimited
- Arab Banking Corporation announces 11 per cent increase in 9M 2014 net profit to $197 Million
- Bank Muscat posts OMR 126.73 million profit for 9M 2014
- Endowments are a 'sleeping giant' claimed experts at 10th World Islamic Economic Forum
- Dubai Chamber unveils specialized unit to support research on Islamic economy
- Commercial Bank of Qatar increases profit for nine months by 19 per cent to QAR 1,553 million
- CEO of Qatar Exchange was elected to World Federation of Exchanges' Board
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.