- Doha Bank reports 5.2 per cent profit growth for Q1 2015
- Moody's: Saudi Arabia's fast-growing insurance market has untapped potential
- Al Khaliji reports net profit of QAR 144.4 million for Q1 2015
- Moody's downgrades three Bahraini banks' ratings to Baa3/Prime-3, negative outlook
- BBK reports net profit of BHD 14.9 million for Q1 2015
- Moody's assigns A2/P-1 first-time ratings to Qatar's Barwa Bank; outlook stable
- Hamdan bin Mohammed approves initiatives to improve Dubai as global capital of Islamic economy
- NBK: Kuwait: 2014 trade surplus driven lower by fall in oil prices
- World Takaful Conference concludes
- Citi: UAE gateway to Africa for multinational business
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.