- IMF says Egypt's banking system 'resilient'
- Attijari Bank ratings affirmed by Capital Intelligence
- Countdown to 21st Annual World Islamic Banking Conference
- Moody's assigns (P)Aa1 to IFFIm's Sukuk Issuance
- Barwa Bank appointed Joint Lead Manager for IFFIm Sukuk
- ADX lists Manazel Real Estate in second market
- The National Investor (TNI) lists on ADX as a Private Joint Stock Company
- Arab capital markets in the spotlight, UAE calls for reform
- ADIB arranges $420 million financing for Zakher Marine International
- Moody's assigns (P)Caa1 to Pakistan's sovereign Sukuk
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.