- NBK: Kuwait growth accelerating, driven by pick up in project execution
- Dubai Islamic Bank wins two accolades at the Islamic Business & Finance Awards 2014
- Customers in Saudi Arabia and UAE trust insurers less than banks
- Nanhua Futures joins DGCX as Broker Member
- The Abraaj Group invests in Algerian logistics company, FBA
- Majid Al Futtaim Ventures announces investment in Beam Wallet
- Citi and Zurich sign 15-year exclusive agreement to distribute life insurance in the Middle East
- RAM Ratings reaffirms AA2 rating of Bright Focus’ Sukuk
- Mashreq and Etisalat partner to launch new credit card
- Oman Air, Standard Chartered sign aircraft leasing deal
|Financial||2010||2011||$ Growth||% Growth|
|Return On Assets||1.01%||1.11%||10.48%|
Abdulla Bin Ahmad Al Ghurair serves as the Chairman of the Board, and President of Mashreqbank. The board consists of seven members of the UAE business community.
H.E. Abdul Aziz Abdulla Al Ghurair is also the Chairman of Abdulla Al Ghurair Group, one of the biggest business groups in the UAE, which employs more up to 65,000 employees. H.E. also held dignitary positions, most recently being elected as The Speaker of the United Arab Emirates Federal National Council (UAE Parliament) for four years, which ended in February 2011. This included sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Emirates Foundation and Dubai Economic Council. Al Ghurair is a member of the Board of Trustees of the UAE Higher Colleges of Technology. He is also the Chairman of Masafi, and Co-Chairman of the Arab Business Council – World Economic Forum. He previously sat on the Board of Directors at Emaar, Dubai Investments, Visa International and MasterCard and Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also was member of the Constitutive Council for GCC Leaders and the President of Knowledge Fund. Al Ghurair trained as an industrial engineer and gained an Honors degree from California Polytechnic State University.