- Challenges facing Omani entrepreneurs discussed at forum
- Côte d’Ivoire opens first digital bank
- Emirates to close $600 million Sukuk
- Dana Gas reports net profit for 2017
- IMF Executive Board approves new $157.6 million ECF Arrangement for Burkina Faso
- Subsidiaries of Middle East Mines Industries Development Holding Company plans $219.64 Sukuk
- ADIB funds GBP19 million acquisition of Bristol's The Hub
- Gulf companies look to capital markets as governments push structural reforms
- Islamic finance set to extend growth faster than conventional finance
- UAE supports Sudan's economy with investments exceeding AED28 billion
Robin Amlôt is CPI Financial's CEO. He has worked as an award-winning financial journalist for more than 30 years in print, radio, television and online. He is in demand as a commentator and regular contributor to other media, including AlJazeera English, BBC Worldwide, Dubai One, Dubai Eye and KSA2.
Robin has covered all aspects of business and finance in his career, including as Financial Editor of Independent Radio News, UK; Senior Business Producer, Sky News; as a national newspaper columnist in the UK; author of Dawn Trader’s Guide to World Markets (Boxtree 1992); contributing author to Opportunities in Islamic Finance (CPI Financial 2011).
Robin was educated in England, has a B.A. (Politics) from Lancaster University and holds the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Financial Planning Certificate.
Robin Amlôt's Posts
- Wednesday, April 01 2015 Show me the religion!
- Tuesday, February 17 2015 Coming to Africa
- Thursday, January 22 2015 Addressing the core principles of Islam?
- Thursday, January 22 2015 ECB set for QE amidst Swiss currency turmoil
- Thursday, November 27 2014 One foot in the grave?
- Thursday, October 16 2014 Optimistic outlook for Gulf Islamic banks
- Sunday, September 28 2014 The Silly Season
- Wednesday, August 06 2014 Malta teaser for Islamic finance
- Monday, July 07 2014 You only run out of cash once...
- Sunday, June 01 2014 Reinventing affluent banking
- Wednesday, April 23 2014 The night they raided Minsky's?
- Wednesday, March 26 2014 Takaful -- getting it right, getting it wrong
- Thursday, February 27 2014 Tarnished reputation?
- Tuesday, January 28 2014 Credit but only where it is due!
- Monday, November 25 2013 Worth its weight in gold...
- Tuesday, November 12 2013 African Sukuk on the way...
- Thursday, September 26 2013 If it feels good, do it -- but be seen doing it!
- Wednesday, May 22 2013 What the cards tell us...
- Tuesday, April 16 2013 Gold: Exit, pursued by a bear?
- Wednesday, March 13 2013 Africa - a continent 'rocking with opportunities'!